woensdag 8 mei 2013

Week 19: Guest post - Drake Kabob


This week, I’m very happy to introduce a guest post by Cenwen, who is going to share her recipe for Drake Kabob! For those of you who don´t recall Drake Kabob being in GW2, that´s because this golden oldie is from the Guild Wars: Nightfall game/expansion. I’ll be back next week, and in the meantime, enjoy!
---

Hello :)

First, I want to thank Mina for giving me the opportunity to share one of my own recipes on her pretty blog

Then I'm really happy to be able to create a link between our two worlds and share this moment with you


My nickname is Cenwen.  It comes from another video game (rpg) Spellforce, opus Breath of Winter. I am a French player and  food blogger
. My blog dedicated to Guild Wars / Guild Wars 2 is called "Cook’n Play."

I started to realize the recipes from Guild Wars in 2008 and I continued with those of Guild Wars 2.

I propose you to discover the recipe of Drake Kabob which is a totally invented recipe, easy to make and perfect for sunny days.

Ready? Let's go!

Drake kabob
Source : personal recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Rest time : 3 hours
Cooking time : 6 to 7 minutes


Ingredients for 2 people (6 kabobs)

The Kabob

400 grams of white fish (cod fillet, for example)
the juice of a very large lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon coriander
1 tbsp cumin seeds
salt and pepper
1 zucchini
some oil for cooking


Provide more :

pita bread
6 wooden skewers
lemon wedges
basil

For sauce :
Stirred yoghurt or Greek yoghurt
harissa (hot chili sauce)
1 teaspoon olive oil
a little pinch of salt


Preparation :
1) Prepare the marinade by mixing lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, coriander and cumin.
2) Cut the fish fillets into regular cubes. Put them in the marinade, and do not forget to add irregular leftovers. Mix. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Stir regularly.

Meanwhile, soak the skewers in cold water.

3) Wash the zucchini, expand it into thin strips using a vegetable peeler. Assemble skewers, alternating fish and marinated zucchini slices (fold them in on themselves accordion).
4) Heat a little oil in a flat pan (or grill) and place the skewers to cook a few minutes on each side. Beware, it goes very quickly! (Once the kabobs are cooked, you should also quickly cook the leftover bits of fish).
5) Serve the kabobs on hot plates, accompanied by pita bread, lemon wedges, basil and sauce.

A table !
:)

Small notes :
You can use the leftover fish to fill a bun to offer an alternative to the kabobs :) The choice is yours ;)  
Wooden skewers are soaked  to prevent burning during cooking.

In Game :

A Drake Kabob is an Istani specialty made from drake meat. Eating one grants you +5 armor for 10 minutes.  Given by Chef Lonbahn or Apida in exchange for one
Chunk of Drake Flesh. [Source ]

2 opmerkingen:

  1. It makes me hungry now. its so delicious and I want to try it. For more recipes visit us and be one of us private chef in austin texas now.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hey I haven't visited this blog almost for as long as it has been inactive. Just wanted to sent a huge THANK YOU for making it, now that it seems to come to an end. I've had a great deal of fun reading through this blog, and I wish the recepies were in a book! :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen